The legal warranties in the countries of purchase apply without restrictions to the XpertPro® laminate floors specified below. In addition, in all countries where XpertPro® laminate flooring is sold through (approved) distributors, XpertPro® provides a commercial warranty as stipulated in the current conditions. If the packaging with the warranty conditions has been lost, you can either consult the warranty conditions in the XpertPro® brochure or obtain them directly from email@example.com, or from the distributor and/or the installer of your XpertPro® laminate floor.
Before installing the XpertPro® floor panels, these must be checked for visible defects thoroughly and under the best lighting conditions. In any case the customer must refrain from installing visibly defective products. Any such defects must be reported to the XpertPro® distributor and/or installer or in the ultimate case, to firstname.lastname@example.org at the latest 8 calendar days after purchase. The defective products will be replaced. Any complaints made after this period shall not qualify for the warranty.
Material and production defects
In the event of material or production defects with XpertPro® laminate floors, XpertPro® will replace the deficient products in accordance with the present warranty conditions. This is limited to the replacement of the defective XpertPro® laminate floor and excludes compensation for any other damage or costs incurred or to be incurred such as, but not restricted to, placement costs and removal expenses.
Duration of warranty for material and production defects
The XpertPro® warranty applies to the following collections for residential and, depending on the floor type, commercial use: XpertPro® 7 mm, 8 mm and 12 mm. The duration of this warranty is dependent on the laminate type 2/4 concerned and on the purposes it is used for, as clearly indicated in this brochure and on the packaging.
- The term “residential applications” shall be understood as: the use of the laminate as floor covering in a private residence that is used for private purposes only.
- The term “commercial applications” shall be understood as: the use of the laminate as a floor covering in non-residential premises, including but not limited to hotels, offices, shops and stores.
The warranty period commences on the date of the purchase.
For the warranty to apply, the XpertPro® laminated floors must be placed indoors, in rooms suitable for laminate flooring. Spaces suitable for XpertPro® laminated floors are specified on the packaging. The laying of XpertPro® laminated floors covered by the warranty in spaces other than mentioned on the packaging is possible only after prior explicit permission in writing from XpertPro®. The laminate floors are not suitable for: damp and/or humid spaces, including but not restricted to bathrooms and sauna rooms. Rooms with an immediate access to the street need a transition between the street and the room where the laminate is installed.
- Wear resistance: XpertPro® guarantees that with normal use the laminate surface will stay wear-resistant, including delamination or reduced resistance of the wearing surface. However, in the event of products with U- or V-groove, the reduced resistance of the groove is not included in the warranty. In addition, a change to the gloss level does not apply as wear of the laminate surface.
- Stain resistance: XpertPro® laminated floor surfaces are resistant to stains such as from red wine, ketchup, etc.
Invoking the warranty- authorization of warranty claims
In order to invoke the warranty, you must present the original dated invoice to your dealer or point of sale where you purchased the XpertPro® laminate floor. They will check your claim to XpertPro® and pass it on. The warranty can only be invoked by the first user or the original purchaser of the XpertPro® laminate, and cannot be transferred. The first user or the original purchaser is the one indicated on the original invoice. For the warranty to be able to be invoked, the damage to the product must be obvious and the damaged surface area must be at least 1 cm2 per product unit. Such damage must not be the result of misuse or accidents, including but not restricted to mechanical damage such as heavy impact damage, scratches or grooves (for example by dragging furniture) or notches. If the warranty can be invoked with a valid claim, XpertPro® will replace the laminate floor with floor panels from the XpertPro® collections that are in stock at the time when the claim is received. XpertPro® provides no other warranty whatsoever, neither explicit nor tacit, than the one specified in the current warranty conditions. Unless the legislation of the country of purchase does not permit this, and with the exception of the statutory provisions concerning product liability, XpertPro® cannot be held liable for direct or indirect damages and costs resulting from deficient products. In any case, XpertPro® cannot be held liable for the costs of the removal and laying of the laminate products, and/or travelling expenses or transaction costs.
What is not covered by this warranty
Any damage to the product resulting from a defect that was not inherently present at the time of purchase falls outside the scope of this warranty. This includes damage caused by:
- Improper installation, i.e. installation not performed in accordance with the XpertPro® laying instructions shown on the packaging and in the brochure.
- Inadequate maintenance.
- Accidents or inappropriate and inadequate usage.
- Abnormal wear such as may be caused by spiked shoes, inadequate protection from furniture, grit, sand and other hard materials. Damage caused by sand, dirt or any other abrasive material must be prevented by placing a suitable floor mat at all entrance doors. To determine whether the wear is abnormal, relevant ambient factors, the duration and the intensity of use of the product are taken into account.
- Water damage caused by ice makers, refrigerators, washbasins, dishwashers, piping or ducts, natural disasters, excessive moisture in concrete slabs, hydrostatic pressure, etc. If water and/or moisture is present on the floor and/or near the skirting, this must be removed immediately.
Incorrect removal or replacement of panels.
- Damage caused by vacuum cleaner frames or by the hard or metal wheels of office chairs or other furniture. With laminate floors, furniture legs should always be fitted with suitable protective material. Chairs, easy chairs/settees or furniture on wheels must be fitted with soft wheels or must be placed on specially adapted protective carpet or plates.
- Damage caused by corrosive or abrasive substances such as pet urine.
- Installation of the XpertPro® laminate floor on a subfloor that does not meet the following cumulative conditions:
- Compressive strength greater than 10 kPa / 1.45 psi (according to EN826 + Annex A).
- Point load resistance greater than or equal to 2 kPa / 0.29 psi (according to EN1606 + Annex A).
- Dynamic load resistance greater than 10,000 cycles (according to EN13793).
Notice to the customer
PLEASE KEEP YOUR RECEIPT. IF THE XPERTPRO® LAMINATE FLOOR IS NOT INSTALLED BY THE USER, BUT BY A FLOOR LAYER/INSTALLER, THE LATTER SHOULD PROVIDE THE USER WITH A COPY OF THE INSTALLATION AND MAINTENANCE INSTRUCTIONS AND THE WARRANTY CONDITIONS. FOR WARRANTY RELATED QUESTIONS WE ADVISE YOU TO CONTACT THE XPERTPRO® DISTRIBUTOR WHERE YOU PURCHASED YOUR LAMINATE FLOOR. IF YOUR XPERTPRO® LAMINATE DISTRIBUTOR CANNOT PROVIDE SATISFACTORY ANSWERS TO YOUR QUESTIONS OR IF YOU REQUIRE ADDITIONAL INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT: CONSUMERCARE@XPERTPROFLOOR.COM. THE XPERTPRO® WARRANTY CONDITIONS DO NOT PREJUDICE THE WARANTY LEGALLY APPLICABLE TO THE XPERTPRO® PRODUCTS.XPERTPRO® RESERVES THE RIGHT TO INSPECT THE COMPLAINT AND CLAIM CONCERNING ITS PRODUCT ON SITE, INSTALLED OR OTHERWISE, AND MUST BE GIVEN THE OPPORTUNITY TO DO SO. WITHOUT PRIOR APPROVAL OF XPERTPRO®– CONSUMER CARE SERVICE NO REPAIRS OR REPLACEMENTS MAY BE MADE TO A XPERTPRO® LAMINATE FLOOR FOR WHICH A WARRANTY CLAIM HAS BEEN MADE.